Want to submit a 3-4 sentence quick post about a link you find interesting for 8Asians? Submit a quick post to the 8Asians Editorial Team.
Want to just submit a longer guest post? Find out how you can submit a guest post for consideration.
Have a question, comment or concern for us? Use our contact form.
What to be a regular writer? Keep on reading.
Be a part of 8Asians!
We are always on the lookout for new writers to join our team. 8Asians is a group blog of Asian American (and Canadian and overseas!) contributors who cover a variety of topics that pertain to our community. We believe in creating and continuing dialogue about the issues, ideas, and current events that affect your experience as an Asian American, whether it’s controversial casting news for a big budget film, a new study about our demographic, a good meal you just ate or a personal anecdote about your family.
We’re looking for contributors who love to write about:
- Pop Culture (both here and abroad!): television, movies, books and music.
- Any other topics that you are really passionate about (tell us!)
Interested in writing for us?
Potential applicants should have the following:
- Blogging experience: Let us know where and how long you’ve been blogging! (And yes, Xanga counts.) We want writers who are comfortable working with the WordPress platform and also know how to format, hyperlink and do light editing of posts.
- Commitment to writing 1 to 2 posts per week: Being a part of 8Asians requires ninja-like skills in time and energy. We’ve got so much to write about and we want to make sure you’re on board!
- Be a team player: We don’t have to agree, but if you want to be a part of 8Asians, you do have to be able to get along with everyone else, no matter your background of beliefs.
Here’s what we need from you:
- Bio: Tell us about yourself! Let us know where you live, your background, age and what you do every day. The writers of 8Asians cover a wide demographic in both age, location and backgrounds. We want to know where you can fit in.
- Two writing samples: Send us what you’ve written! We’d love to see your writing style and how you say what you want to say. Writing samples can range from personal blog posts to articles and essays—as long as it features your personal voice.
- Write a sample post that you’d want to see on 8Asians: Here’s a chance to show us what you’re really made of! Although we certainly reference other sites/stories for our posts, what sets us apart is our original content. So submit a story that you’d like to see on 8Asians, and we may use it as your very first guest post!
- Top 3 Topics: Tell us what your three favorite topics that you want to write about from the list above.
- Pitch us! We want to know what sets you apart from all other bloggers. Do you have an idea for a new column for 8Asians? Do you disagree with everything we write about? Don’t worry about hurting our feelings. We want a perspective from all sides of every issue.
But first things first! Let us know you’re interested in becoming a writer by emailing us at write[at]8asians.com and one of the editors will be in touch shortly.