8Asians.com is one of the most popular weblogs talking about Asian, Asian American and Asian Canadian issues. As of February 2012, the website has a Google Pagerank value of 5, with over 170,000 pageviews per month, and a reach of over 70,000 unique visitors a month, many of whom are Asian American or interested in issues directly involving the Asian American community.
The top 5 North American cities our readership resides in are Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Toronto (Canada) and Brooklyn. Addtionally, we have non-North American readership, residing in such cities as Singapore, London, Sydney, and Kuala Lumpur. Full demographic information about 8Asians.com is available through quantcast.
Text and Image Banners
We offer the following ad formats:
- Zone A: 728×90 Exclusive Banner Ad that appears at the top of all pages of the blog, including index and individual pages.
- Zone 1: 300×250 Medium Banner Ad that appears in the upper right sidebar of all pages of the blog, including index and individual pages.
- Zone 2: 468×60 Horizontal Banner Ad that shows up on all individual blog posts that are older than 30 days.
- Zone 3: Text Ad that appears in the right sidebar of all pages, below the fold.
Advertorials are more like a blog-focused review than an advertisement. Advertorials are clearly marked as sponsored content, but they act like blog posts and as such stay on the site forever, in addition to being broadcast via Twitter and Facebook.
Please note that the 8Asians.com Editorial Staff will be extremely selective about what is featured and will act as an editorial filter as a benefit for both readers and advertisers. Readers will find vendors, products, and services aligned with their values. Advertisers, meanwhile, will receive the added credibility of editorial recommendation and won’t waste their money on a campaign that isn’t going resonate with the readership.
Advertorial decisions will be made on the following criteria: Specific relevance to the Asian American/Asian Canadian community, website design, price point of product, past performance of similar products, and whether there is a full post’s worth of editorial story in the product.
For more detail about our rates and ad zones, please review our rate sheet and FAQ.
The Purchasing Process
1. Fill out a few fields for text or banner ads, or answer a few quick questions for an Advertorial.
2. We’ll review your submission, make sure it’s a good fit for 8Asians and get back to you within 24 hours.
3. If your ad is approved, you’ll receive an email with a one-click invoice. We do all our payments through PayPal, which means we accept all major credit cards and international payments.
4. Our text and banner ads go live as soon as we receive your payment. Advertorials are booked a few weeks in advance, and we’ll work with you to schedule a date that fits with your promotional schedule.
Advertisers can purchase advertising directly from 8Asians.com via our Advertisement Purchasing page.