8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Difference Between Internment Camps and Concentration Camps
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Panda Express – ‘Wok-Fired Shrimp: Now Back at Panda Express’
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Asian American Commercial Watch: P&G’s ‘The Name’
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- Is The Portrayal of Ravi On Disney Channel’s “Jessie” Racist, Unfunny, or Both?
Monthly Archives: August 2017
Lisa Ko’s debut novel, The Leavers, follows a mother and son separated by immigration agents, borders, and new families. Deming Guo wakes up one day in the Bronx to find that his mother Polly has disappeared. Soon, he is Daniel Wilkinson … Continue reading
Back in July, I was able to attend Politicon (think of it as Comic-Con for political geeks) in Pasadena, California. This was the third year it was being held – I had first learned about it last year, but had … Continue reading
https://youtu.be/nTeDJNPDEwU I caught this recent Bounce commercial: “If only Harry used some Bounce to dry, he would be less wrinkly and winning at life. Toss wrinkles, static, lint, and pet hair goodbye.” This businessman is pitching something to a group … Continue reading
So what do Asian Americans watch on TV? USA Today analyzed Nielsen data for most of the first half of 2017 and came up with the data shown above. I was personally was surprised that it was so divergent compared … Continue reading
Twenty thousand people every year visit Shingō Village in the Aomori Prefecture (referred to as: Kirisuto no Sato or “Hometown of Christ” by locals) that claims that Jesus visited Japan during his lost years and then returned after escaping crucifixion … Continue reading
Vanessa Hua’s debut collection of short stories, Deceit and Other Possibilities, guides readers through a “deceit” to provide a compelling portrait of human nature. The spotlight falls on a range of individuals, a Hong Kong celebrity, a Korean American pastor, a … Continue reading