A few weeks ago, I blogged about the California state assembly member Paul Fong’s introduction of a bill on banning the sale of shark fin soup in the state of California. Since Fong is actually my representative and his office is just a few miles from where I live, I thought I’d ask him directly questions I had regarding this bill. This was the first time I had interviewed anybody, let alone an elected official, so I appreciated Fong spending a few minutes to answer a few questions I had. I asked Fong about his motivations behind the bill, his like or dislike of the soup itself, the reaction by his constituents, the process for the bill and when it’ll come to a vote, as well as what voters can do to support this bill. As I’ve stated before, I’m a Fong supporter and am for this ban. I’m not a big fan of shark fin soup (though have politely ate it when offered) but given what I know now, will abstain from eating it when offered.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Top 8 Last Minute Halloween Costumes For Asian Americans
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- The 8 Most Offensive Asian Halloween Costumes
- Video: Asian Woman Has White Fetish
- Was Jesus Asian?