Back this May, former Governor of Washington and former Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke went through Senate confirmation hearings for his nomination for Ambassador to China. In the midst the of increasing the debt limit, the Senate unanimously confirmed Locke, making him the first Chinese-American to be U.S. ambassador to China. (All the more amazing that the Senate can agree on anything these days.) Congratulations to Locke on this historic event, and let’s hope he can convince the people of China — the largest foreign creditor of US debt — that our country isn’t going to default on our debt obligation.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Do Asian Women Have the Smallest Breasts?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat