Back this May, former Governor of Washington and former Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke went through Senate confirmation hearings for his nomination for Ambassador to China. In the midst the of increasing the debt limit, the Senate unanimously confirmed Locke, making him the first Chinese-American to be U.S. ambassador to China. (All the more amazing that the Senate can agree on anything these days.) Congratulations to Locke on this historic event, and let’s hope he can convince the people of China — the largest foreign creditor of US debt — that our country isn’t going to default on our debt obligation.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Internet Page Reveals How to Talk Dirty in Tagalog
- Daughter of the Late Pat Morita Protests Karate Kid Remake
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- US Mint to Produce Anna May Wong Quarter
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Asian American Frozen Foods: Costco: Teriyaki Stir-fry Udon