It seems like a terrible case of déjà vu but the breaking news out of Virginia Tech is that an intense search is underway for a gunman (described as a “white male wearing gray sweat pants, a gray hat with a neon green brim, a maroon hoodie and backpack”) who shot and killed two people — a campus police officer and a student. Authorities have ordered students and staff to stay indoors and secure themselves until the shooter is found. 8Asians isn’t a breaking a news site, and ordinarily we don’t post about things when they aren’t about Asians, but we still remember the day of the Virginia Tech massacre when the news broke of a gunman– described as an Asian male and re-reading the original post and comments is a reminder of what a gut-wrenching day April 16, 2007 was for our readers. [h/t: John]
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Liberty Mutual Insurance’s ‘First Word | Truth Tellers’
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asian Women Have the Smallest Breasts?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Ronny Chieng & Old Spice’s “The Expert”
- In a Post-Apocalyptic Zombie World, Asian American Man Gets White Girl