Comic book nerd fans!! Did you hear? Yesterday, DC Comics announced their new creative management team, which includes award-winning illustrator and Korean American Jim Lee as co-publisher with writer Dan DiDio. Heading a popular comic book publishing company isn’t new to Lee, who is also known for co-founding Image Comics, the first company of its kind to gave creators the copyright control over their characters. This is pretty big news, as it could possibly be the first time an illustrator has been brought on to such a high level at such a major publishing company–and an Asian American at that! (Let me know if I’m wrong.) Congrats to Jim Lee for the amazing promotion and showing the world that Asian Americans can overachieve in yet another field. Do you think this is a good move for DC Comics? Or are you on Team Marvel?
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian American Commercial Watch: P&G’s ‘The Name’
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Panda Express – ‘Wok-Fired Shrimp: Now Back at Panda Express’
- The Difference Between Internment Camps and Concentration Camps
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?