Of course, three days after I blog about the lack of Asians in lead roles on TV, a friend sent me a recent article about Maggie Q being in talks to star as the female assassin lead in the CW’s remake of La Femme Nikita. Maggie Q, a Hawaiian-born actress (whose mother is Vietnamese), is known for her roles in Mission: Impossible III and Live Free or Die Hard. If cast in the CW’s take on Nikita, she would “mark the highest-profile series role for an Asian actress on a broadcast drama series and the highest-profile CW minority casting in the network’s four-year history.” Pretty swank!
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- US Mint to Produce Anna May Wong Quarter
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Daughter of the Late Pat Morita Protests Karate Kid Remake
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Internet Page Reveals How to Talk Dirty in Tagalog
- Why Are Asians Yellow?