Of course, three days after I blog about the lack of Asians in lead roles on TV, a friend sent me a recent article about Maggie Q being in talks to star as the female assassin lead in the CW’s remake of La Femme Nikita. Maggie Q, a Hawaiian-born actress (whose mother is Vietnamese), is known for her roles in Mission: Impossible III and Live Free or Die Hard. If cast in the CW’s take on Nikita, she would “mark the highest-profile series role for an Asian actress on a broadcast drama series and the highest-profile CW minority casting in the network’s four-year history.” Pretty swank!
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?
- Is The Portrayal of Ravi On Disney Channel’s “Jessie” Racist, Unfunny, or Both?
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers