Sometime in college, a Jewish friend remarked to me, “you know what, Ernie? Jewish people are just like Asians, except Jewish people love therapy and Asians hate therapy.” Seems pretty accurate to me. Jeff Yang, over at his regular column at the San Francisco Chronicle discusses whether Asians are “the new Jews.” My answer: only in areas where there are a lot of Jewish people; here in the Bay where the prominent minorities are Asian, Latinos and Blacks, they were just white people that didn’t celebrate Christmas. And we’re definitely not “the new White people.” (We still don’t celebrate Christmas, though. Well, a singular “we.”)
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian American Frozen Foods: Trader Joe’s Korean Style Beef Short Ribs
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- Daughter of the Late Pat Morita Protests Karate Kid Remake