The Asian American Students’ Association (AASA) Proudly Presents:
State of Asian Pacific America House Party 2010
Sunday, May 2nd 1:00-3:00pm
Asian American Activities Center (A3C) Couchroom (Old Union Clubhouse)
(520 Lasuen Mall, Stanford, CA 94305)
Join us as we listen in on a conference call with some of the most prominent Asian American leaders enjoy FREE Vietnamese sandwiches. We’ll get getting updates from the White House, Congress, and grassroots activists on the progress we made this past year. The conference call will feature:
· Kalpen Modi, Associate Director, White House Office of Public Engagement
· Mike Honda, Congressmember (CA-15), Chair of Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus
· Kiran Ahuja, Executive Director, White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
· Ami Bera, Candidate for U.S. Congress (CA-03)
· Marissa Graciosa, Director, Fair Immigration Reform Movement
(For more info about the speakers, please visit http://apap.pbworks.com/Speaker-Bios)
After the call, we’ll have the opportunity to write up a report about the issues that are important to us and post it on the Asian Pacific Americans for Progress (APAP) website with pictures! This will become a record of the issues that AAPI’s around the country are talking about. A compiled report will even be sent to the Obama administration!
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
This nationwide event is hosted by Asian Pacific Americans for Progress (APAP) and cosponsored by the United States Student Association – National Asian Pacific American Student Caucus and Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum
For more information about the event or to find other house party locations, please visit http://www.apaforprogress.org/save-date-2010-aapi-house-party-may-2nd-updated