In this video filmed and edited by The Mighty Fifty, The Bangerz, a DJ collective, perform “Robot Remains” in collaboration with San Jose Taiko at the SubZERO Festival. I first saw this on Angry Asian Man, and thought I should share it here for a number of reasons. First, I think it is a brilliant mix of old and new, Asian and American. Taiko and Turntablism – that’s quite a creative, out-of-the-box combination! Second, it also highlights turntablism, which was heavily influenced by Asian-Americans such as DJ Qbert. I had heard about group DJ performances but had never seen one myself. A third reason is that my nephew, a member of the Bangerz, is in it. I met a lot of the Bangerz years ago when they were in high school, and it is wonderful how to see how they evolved. “Robot Remains” was created in collaboration with the Jabbawockeez dance crew, who have worked with the Bangerz for a long time. The song was released this month and is available on iTunes.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail