Via 8Asians reader Halls: “While Disney is no stranger to the Asian market, it seems as though they are looking to further expand by acquiring Asian characters and/or stories. While speaking of Disney’s expansion in Asia during a recent investor call, CEO Bob Iger said that they would continue “to buy either new characters or businesses that are capable of creating great characters and great stories.” The article goes on to mention that they are hoping to expand to Asia by “adding a Disney twist to some of those stories.” My take – Disney already has partnerships with Asian studios, Studio Ghibli being one of the more notable ones, and a lot of Disney properties are based on existing legends, fairy tales, and short stories from all over. It’ll be interesting to see how this translates to the American audience.”
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Was Jesus Asian?
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Is Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” Racially Insensitive?
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?