Via SFist: Jane Kim is a San Francisco City Supervisor. She is also a single, 30-something Korean American, which only means one thing: awkward relationship status questions from old Asian people! From the Examiner: “While the mayor and supervisor talked to residents and merchants on 16th Street [during a campaign event], a Chinese shopkeeper at Sam’s Shoe Services asked Supervisor Kim why she isn’t married.” Sure, it’s enough to mortify news reporters, but to single Asian people under the age of 35, it’s the equivalent of asking “How much money do you make,” “Have you gained weight?” or “You’re not gay, are you?” Which means: totally acceptable things to ask to a complete stranger. Aaah, I love my people.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Do Asian Women Have the Smallest Breasts?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat