A new report from the Economic Policy Institute, showed for the second year in a row that Asian Americans have the highest rate of long-term joblessness (6 months or more) of any ethnicity in the United States. In 2011, 50.1 percent of the Asian American unemployed were unemployed long term, up from 48.7 percent in 2010, exceeding the rates for whites, blacks and Hispanics in both years. This correlates with the news that unemployment lasts longer for Asian Americans, reported back in 2010, and that Asians were more affected by the housing downturn.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Daughter of the Late Pat Morita Protests Karate Kid Remake
- Asian American Frozen Foods: Trader Joe’s Korean Style Beef Short Ribs
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat