A new report from the Economic Policy Institute, showed for the second year in a row that Asian Americans have the highest rate of long-term joblessness (6 months or more) of any ethnicity in the United States. In 2011, 50.1 percent of the Asian American unemployed were unemployed long term, up from 48.7 percent in 2010, exceeding the rates for whites, blacks and Hispanics in both years. This correlates with the news that unemployment lasts longer for Asian Americans, reported back in 2010, and that Asians were more affected by the housing downturn.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Asian American Frozen Foods: Trader Joe’s Korean Style Beef Short Ribs
- US Memorial Day: Remembering Hazel Ying Lee, WASP Pilot
- Do Asian Women Have the Smallest Breasts?