A new report from the Economic Policy Institute, showed for the second year in a row that Asian Americans have the highest rate of long-term joblessness (6 months or more) of any ethnicity in the United States. In 2011, 50.1 percent of the Asian American unemployed were unemployed long term, up from 48.7 percent in 2010, exceeding the rates for whites, blacks and Hispanics in both years. This correlates with the news that unemployment lasts longer for Asian Americans, reported back in 2010, and that Asians were more affected by the housing downturn.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- US Mint to Produce Anna May Wong Quarter
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Daughter of the Late Pat Morita Protests Karate Kid Remake
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Internet Page Reveals How to Talk Dirty in Tagalog
- Why Are Asians Yellow?