A new study by the Economic Policy Institute shows that Asian Americans had poverty rates significantly higher than the white population in 2011. After adjusting for cost of living differences between regions (since most Asians live in large expensive cities in the west or east coast), Asian Americans had a poverty rate of 16.1% compared with 10.4% of whites. This shouldn’t be a surprise given 8Asians has already reported on Asian Americans being more adversely affected by the housing downturn, Asian Americans being affected most by long term unemployment , and Asian American seniors being hit harder by the recession.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Asian American Frozen Foods: Trader Joe’s Korean Style Beef Short Ribs
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- Daughter of the Late Pat Morita Protests Karate Kid Remake