It seems everyone is getting found on YouTube these days. Years ago it used to be email fwds and chain letters, but with the advent of Web 2.0 almost anyone can be a star. Although I’d have to say that Christine Gambito isn’t just anyone. She’s launched her own creative career via YouTube. She has been on YouTube for over a year and uses her site, happyslip.com, to showcase her creative talents as well as poke fun at typical Filipino stereotypes. Some of her sketches touch upon familiar cultural themes like the auntie who always compares her daughter to yours, the strict cultural rules of having a boyfriend, and the familiar nuances of parents raising second generation children in the United States. She’s a one woman show, cute, funny creative and intelligent.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Is The Portrayal of Ravi On Disney Channel’s “Jessie” Racist, Unfunny, or Both?
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?