- The 24th Annual Miss Asian America Pageant – the Miss Asian America Pageant has been the premier event in Asian American community for the past two decades and the longest running Asian American pageant in the United States. $35 for reserved seating. (8/8, San Francisco: More info here.)
- APAture Runway III – Be the first to experience fresh and eclectic collections from ten up-and-coming fashion designers at APAture Runway III, featuring LA-based eco-couture designer Linda Wong of The Battalion. All proceeds benefit KSW’s 11th annual APAture, a multidisciplinary arts festival of emerging Asian Pacific American artists. $10-$20 sliding scale. (8/8, San Francisco: More info here.)
- Lodestone Theatre Ensemble presents: CLOSER THAN EVER – An all Asian American revival of CLOSER THAN EVER, the classic 1989 musical revue which won the Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Off-Broadway Musical and was nominated for multiple Drama Desk Awards. This is the second mainstage production of Lodestone’s tenth and final “Beginnings and Endings” season. $20 general admission. (8/8-8/30, Los Angeles: More info here.)
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian American Commercial Watch: P&G’s ‘The Name’
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Panda Express – ‘Wok-Fired Shrimp: Now Back at Panda Express’
- The Difference Between Internment Camps and Concentration Camps
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Why Are Asians Yellow?