The country’s biggest holiday show, six hours of seasonal dance and mjusic, is free, so bring the whole family! More than 40 groups from all over LA will perform in this milestone celebration. Enjoy Chinese cultural ensemble Shin Dance Company, Korean holiday songs from Opera California Youth Choir, TAIKOPROJECT’s mix of Japanese drumming and hip hop, and traditional songs of the islands in English and Tagalog from the Phillipine Chamber Singers, as well as African-American spirituals, Latin jazz, Zydeco and Klezmer. Thurs. Dec. 24, 3 pm-6 pm; doors open at 2 pm; Dorothy Chandler, 135 N. Grand Ave. LA 90012; FREE admission & parking; Patrons can come and go throughout the performance. Watch the live broadcast on KCET or online at kcet.org. More info and a complete schedule at (213) 972-3099 or www.HolidayCelebration.org.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers
- Is The Portrayal of Ravi On Disney Channel’s “Jessie” Racist, Unfunny, or Both?
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?