Many Asian-Americans are not Christian and don’t believe in Santa Claus. In Fremont, the Bay Area’s fourth largest city and one with a plurality of Asian Americans, there was plenty to do on Christmas. This article talks about how Fremont has become an Asian American Christmas destination as most shops are closed elsewhere. Asian themed shopping centers were filled on Christmas, and Indian movie theatres were open. “Pleasanton is dead today — there’s no activity at all,” said Yash Bannur, who drove to Fremont with his wife to take in a movie at the Naz8 cinemas. Fremont was once my Christmas destination as my family lived there. Now I live in a mostly Asian neighborhood where I also find it convenient that many shops are open on Christmas. Christmas meals are always easier when you can supplement with Asian takeout!
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Was Jesus Asian?
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?
- Is Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” Racially Insensitive?