I don’t know about you, but I find this Metro PCS television commercial pretty offensive. The ad — which debuted sometime around the Superbowl — plays to the stereotypes of Indians being techno-geeks in a mocking manner. I was almost wondering if this was some bad Saturday Night Live parody. Sure, there are a lot of Indians and Indian Americans working in tech, but the manner that they are portrayed in this commercial is ridiculous. CNet seems to agree.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Internet Page Reveals How to Talk Dirty in Tagalog
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Daughter of the Late Pat Morita Protests Karate Kid Remake
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- US Mint to Produce Anna May Wong Quarter
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Asian American Frozen Foods: Costco: Teriyaki Stir-fry Udon