Representative Mike Honda recently wrote an op-ed piece on the Huffington Post on why Arizona SB1070 — the country’s strictest anti-illegal immigration law in decades — is relevant to Asians and Asian Americans: “As a Japanese American who spent part of my childhood in an internment camp, I know all too well the effects of scapegoating and racial profiling. I suffered through what happens when governments pass policies based on fear and misguided attempts at law and order. […] Congress must pass comprehensive immigration reform, and we must do it now to avoid a patchwork of state measures that do not fundamentally fix our country’s broken immigration system, and that will lead to profiling and discrimination in our communities.”
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Asian American Frozen Foods: Trader Joe’s Korean Style Beef Short Ribs
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- Is NBC’s Community Racist?