We have written about how more Asian-Americans are joining the army, and this California Report audiocast talks in more detail about why: A down economy has more Asian-Americans joining for education benefits. More often than not, Asian-Americans are joining support positions that are not on the front lines, going for positions that will translate well into jobs in civilian life. Otto Lee, Sunnyvale City Councilman, was a logistical officer in Iraq, and The Wife’s nephew was there also serving as a dentist. The report also says that the visibility of high profile Asian-Americans military personnel like Eric Shinseki, current Veteran Affairs Secretary, and Antonio Taguba, who wrote an Army report on Abu Ghraib abuses, may also be driving increased interest.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- The Difference Between Internment Camps and Concentration Camps
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers
- In a Post-Apocalyptic Zombie World, Asian American Man Gets White Girl
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat