After Senator Robert Byrd (D-West Virginia) passed away, Sen. Daniel Inouye, D-Hawaii, was sworn in as the Senate president pro tempore last Wednesday. The position, customarily reserved for the most senior senator in the majority, puts Inouye as third in the line of succession for the presidency, after Vice President Joe Biden and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. It also makes him the highest ranking Asian-American in the United States. Inouye, 85, was first elected to the Senate in 1962.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Top 8 Last Minute Halloween Costumes For Asian Americans
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Tiger Mom Vs. Dragon Mom: New Ways to Talk Parenthood
- The 8 Most Offensive Asian Halloween Costumes
- Video: Asian Woman Has White Fetish