So, let’s say you’re China, and you’re receiving worldwide criticism because this year’s peace prize recipient is Liu Xiaobo, one of your jailed dissidents. What to do? Besides calling them “clowns,” you create your own Peace Prize called the Confucious Peace Prize, that’s what. And then you give it to the former Taiwan vice president Lien Chan, “for promoting peace between Taiwan and mainland China.” Being in a political party that supports eventual re-unification with Mainland China helps. What? A peace award that fits into its own propaganda-like purposes? You don’t say!
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Was Jesus Asian?
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers
- Is Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” Racially Insensitive?
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?