Bang bang! Sometimes it’s nice to see a movie with Asian Americans that’s not about ninjas, samurais or martial arts. Check out the official trailer for Bang Bang, an independent film starring Thai Viet G and David Huynh. The gritty film follows the friendship of two young men from opposite sides of the track who find their friendship torn between gang warfare. It’s refreshing to see Asian American male roles that aren’t relegated to emasculated or asexual characters–and also a film that delves into a world of Asian gangs, a topic that often doesn’t receive much attention in pop culture, so I’m looking forward to seeing how well this film will be received. Bang Bang should hit the film festival circuit sometime in 2011.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Asian American Frozen Foods: Trader Joe’s Korean Style Beef Short Ribs
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- Is NBC’s Community Racist?