A follow-up to Tina’s post on Chinese artist and activist Ai Weiwei: After 81 days in detention, China’s best-known artist, Ai Weiwei, has been released from prison, on bail. “I’m back with my family. I’m very happy.” The state news agency, Xinhua, said police had released him “because of his good attitude in confessing his crimes” and a chronic illness. Speaking from his home in north Beijing, the usually outspoken artist said he could not comment any further, adding: “I’m on bail. Please understand.” Whether his stifling is the permanent effects of his imprisonment remain to be seen.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?
- Is The Portrayal of Ravi On Disney Channel’s “Jessie” Racist, Unfunny, or Both?
- Internet Page Reveals How to Talk Dirty in Tagalog
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”