From the New York Times: “… Koreans — while almost obsessively embracing Western innovations ranging from smartphones to the Internet to cosmetic surgery — have largely resisted Western psychotherapy for their growing anxieties, depression and stress. Talk-therapy modalities with psychiatrists, psychologists and other types of trained counselors are only slowly being accepted, according to mental health experts here.” The suicide rate in South Korea is nearly three times higher than in the United States.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Was Jesus Asian?
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Is Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” Racially Insensitive?
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?