With a new court ruling overturning the ban on payment for bone marrow donation, at least one California non-profit has already indicated they will offer up to $3000 per donor, at least at first to minorities and people of mixed race background. Ethnic minorities tend to be the hardest to find matches for, including those of Asian and mixed-Asian background. This change comes about because of new ways to do bone marrow donation that are more similar to blood plasma donation, and less like organ donation. While paying Asian egg donors doesn’t seem to help find more donors, one has to wonder if paying for bone marrow will increase the donor pool for rare bone marrow types.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail