Via English and Asian American Studies College Professor Timothy Yu: “…it would seem that Asian American studies has a long way to go in reshaping the larger public discourse on Asians in America. We can’t expect every college graduate to have taken a course in Asian American studies. But would it be so much to ask that some of the basic insights of the field–its rewriting of the historical record on Japanese American internment, its assertion that Asian Americans are not simply foreigners or aliens, but have an experience and history of their own–be more common knowledge? Why don’t we see Asian American scholars being quoted in the media or publishing books that reach a wide audience?”
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Was Jesus Asian?
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?
- Is Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” Racially Insensitive?