UPDATE 1/28/2014: Congratulations to the winner, Andy Au! Thanks to all the entrants and have a happy lunar new year!
Lunar New Year is about to gallop into our lives: the Year of the Horse is almost upon us, with Chinese Year 4712 beginning on January 31, 2014.
GODIVA, the famous chocolatier, will celebrate the traditional Asian holiday – and its 88th anniversary – by offering limited edition Lunar New Year gift boxes.
Building off of the success of the Mid-Autumn Festival Chocolate Mooncakes in 2013 (yay! mooncakes with no red beans!), GODIVA is once again offering consumers a limited edition product to celebrate one of the most important holidays for the Chinese, Vietnamese and Korean communities. The year 2014 also marks the 88th anniversary of GODIVA, which began creating chocolate masterpieces in Belgium in 1926.
The collection features three exceptionally delectable chocolate pieces that contain ingredients popular with Asian consumers, such as pears, cherries and pineapples. The pieces, which are sold as a part of a selection of Lunar New Year gift boxes, include:
- Dark Caramel Pear – crunchy caramel pear ganache made with a blend of Venezuela milk chocolate and Santo Domingo dark chocolate and a touch of vanilla, enrobed in dark chocolate
- Milk Cherry Almond – crunchy almond praline blended with Vanuatu-origin chocolate, sour cherry and a hint of honey, enrobed in milk chocolate
- White Pineapple Macadamia – sweet Dominican Republic white chocolate ganache blended with nutty macadamia cream and fruity pineapple, enrobed in white chocolate
The 20-piece Lunar New Year Gift Box is encased in a red cover with an iconic image of Lady Godiva on her galloping horse embossed in gold. The 32-piece Luxury Gift Box is covered in red velvet, offering customers a treasured keepsake beyond the Lunar New Year holiday. With its gold and red-themed design, both gift boxes are perfect for gifting to friends and family during the Lunar New Year.
The “Year of the Horse” collection also holds special significance since the company’s logo is Lady Godiva on horseback, an image replicated in this collection’s pieces.
The GODIVA “Year of the Horse” collection is available as a $50 gift and a $120 luxury gift box at GODIVA boutiques nationwide. They will be in stores and online for a limited time only until Jan. 31. Visit www.GODIVA.com for more information for the Lunar New Year collection and for store locations.
Ok, ok… you want a chance to win the gift box? Read on!
What you could win from 8Asians & GODIVA:
- One (1) winner will receive a Lunar New Year Gift Box with Lucky Red Envelopes (retail value $50.00)
Lunar New Year Gift Box with Lucky Red Envelopes ($50.00)
As vibrant and exciting as the horse sign itself, this delectable assortment features six new Lady Godiva pieces in unique flavors, including White Chocolate Pineapple Macadamia, Milk Chocolate Cherry Almond, and Dark Chocolate Caramel Pear, plus 14 signature Gold Ballotin pieces. Our elegant red box features Lady Godiva and her galloping horse, the perfect pair to celebrate this special year. 20 pcs.
就像馬年讓人感受的朝氣與興奮，這個精緻的禮盒中特別包含了六個全新Lady Godiva巧克力，討喜的獨特滋味， 包括了白巧克力夏威夷果仁與鳳梨、牛奶巧克力櫻桃杏仁以及黑巧克力焦糖香梨，加上14顆經典的Gold Ballotin巧克力，高貴喜氣的禮盒上是Lady Godiva乘坐在奔騰的馬匹，歡渡這個特別節慶不可少的最佳獻禮。20顆裝。
Hurry, this contest closes Monday, January 27, 2013 at 12:00 noon Pacific Time!
One entry per person, please. Open to U.S. residents only
How do you enter?
1) Like the GODIVA Facebook page! (and a chance to win a year’s supply of GODIVA chocolate!)
2) Like the 8Asians Facebook page! (Because you love us!)
3) Fill out the form below:
Why do I have to fill out this form? We’re just trying to capture all the info needed to fulfill the prizes faster.
Can I enter more than once? No! Why you being so greedy?!
Prizes courtesy of: 8Asians & GODIVA.
Rules for entering:
1) Please be in the U.S. only. (Sorry to our Canadian and overseas friends!)
2) Contributors to 8Asians and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
3) Prizes are fulfilled by a third-party; 8Asians is not responsible for any lost or misdirected prizes.
The information below will only be used to contact you if you are selected as a winner. It will not be added to any mailing lists/shared with any third parties and will be discarded after the giveaway is over. Unless otherwise noted, none of the information you enter will be published.