Michelle and I send our warmest wishes to everyone celebrating the Lunar New Year here in America and all around the world. I’ll always remember the parades, fireworks, and gatherings that surrounded the Lunar New Year when I was growing up in Hawaii. And now as President, this celebration is a perfect reminder of the many cultures and faiths that make us who we are as Americans.
We are a nation of immigrants. Our vast array of traditions and perspectives and backgrounds – our melting pot – is what makes America unique. It’s what keeps us fresh and dynamic and entrepreneurial. That’s why last year, I took action to help fix our broken immigration system. But our work isn’t finished. We’ve still got to come together to pass a comprehensive immigration bill so that we can expand opportunities for more people to study, and serve, and contribute to our nation. Those are the aspirations that have attracted families to our shores for generations. And that story continues today. So whether you’re celebrating the Year of the Ram, the Year of the Goat, or the Year of the Sheep, may we all do our part to carry forward the work of perfecting this country that we love.
Happy New Year, everybody.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Do Asian Women Have the Smallest Breasts?
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail