From the Philadelphia Weekly comes this article about how Asian high schoolers — specifically recent immigrant kids from China and South and Southeast Asia, are not just bullied, but outright assaulted at South Philadelphia and Fels High Schools in Philadelphia. As someone who went to Portola Junior High School in Richmond, CA — a low-income, mostly Black school, I had some scary moments of my own in 1989 — this was a terrifying moment in my life, where kids were willing to bully or kick the shit out of anyone who wasn’t like them, and beating up on the tiny kid always looking down was the perfect target. Like all alternative weeklys, don’t look for any helpful solutions in the article. And don’t read the comments, lest you feel like giving up on all of humanity. (hat tip: yvespaul)
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- DUDE WTF ASIA: Android on Crack
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- Asian American Frozen Foods: Trader Joe’s Korean Style Beef Short Ribs