Brittany Murphy is dead at age 32 of cardiac arrest, and in tribute, I have promised myself that I would use the phrase “That’s way harsh, Ty” more in my personal vernacular. What does this have anything to do with me as an Asian American? Not much, honestly. That said, one of Murphy’s final movie roles was in the 2008 film Ramen Girl, where a spoiled American girl abandoned in Tokyo finds herself cooking for a Ramen chef. My friend Lia summarizes the movie the best via twitter: “get past the terrible (terrible!) start of [the movie] and there are some surprisingly lovely moments.”
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Asian American Frozen Foods: Trader Joe’s Korean Style Beef Short Ribs
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Daughter of the Late Pat Morita Protests Karate Kid Remake
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat