As promised, here are the first of three new episodes to make up for me getting busy/coming down with pneumonia.
It was a slight challenge getting a hold of Director Lixin Fan. After all, his prestigious award-winning documentary film Last Train Home had him being invited to festivals left, right and center — not bad for a Canadian film and a debut feature for this young director from China.
The podcast is, of course, the edited, film-focused version, but I’ll make the entire Skype interview (a full 30+ minutes) available, should people be interested. We went more into depth about the Zhang family as well as freedom of expression and censorship while working within China, and then we also talked about food and his thoughts upon landing in Toronto (Scarborough) when he first came.
- LAST TRAIN HOME – Official Website
- Toronto Reel Asian Festival – FUNDRAISER – LAST TRAIN HOME Screening event – Friday, February 26th, 2010
- Not Just A Dream – Nicky Lee
- Tears Dropping – K.Will feat. Brown Eyed Girls
- When I Fall – After School
- I Wrote this Song for you (‘Singalong Song’) – Khalil Fong
- Welcome to my World – Alan Kuo