Kylie Minogue is one of those artists that can do no wrong. She’s lovable as a personality and can turn on the sizzle when she needs to. She is one of the few Western artists that can don a kimono and geisha wig and make it work in the most artful and classy way possible – even in a bikini – in a bathtub.
“You will like my sense of style.” – Indeed. And honestly, who doesn’t love Kylie Minogue?
After parting ways with OMGKpop, I took the time off and revisited some old non-Asian music I used to listen to. At the same time I got an email from a listener who found it ‘different’ that I mixed all Jpop, Kpop and Western music into one show. And while I wouldn’t call it fusion, I would say the medley is what makes POP 88 rather unique conceptually.
1. Ai Ga Tomorani – Puffy Amiyumi (The Hit Parade 2002)
2. Sometimes Samurai – Towa Tei (Flash 2005)
3. Get Outta My Way (Yasutaka Nakata Remix) – Kylie Minogue
4. dB Rider Outta My Way (Son Dambi vs. Kylie) – Rex Rowdee (Aliks)
5. Can’t get a FEELING Out of my HEAD (Namie Amuro vs. Kylie) – Mas4
6. All the Lovers (Robotaki Remix) – Kylie Minogue
7. Bo Peep At First Sight (T-Ara vs. Kylie) – Rex Rowdee (Aliks)
8. GBI (German Bold Italic) – Towa Tei (Sound Museum 1998)