Researchers from University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario developed an HIV vaccine that uses whole HIV virus, but it is engineered so that it cannot cause HIV in recipients. The vaccine has been shown to stimulate strong immune response during tests on lab animals. In addition, toxicology tests show that the vaccine induces no adverse effects. The SAV001 vaccine is developed by Dr. Chil-Yong Kang and his team over the last ten years. The vaccine is found to be safe, and they have already received approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration to begin clinical trials on humans in January.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- US Memorial Day: Remembering Hazel Ying Lee, WASP Pilot
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Asian American Frozen Foods: Trader Joe’s Korean Style Beef Short Ribs
- Do Asian Women Have the Smallest Breasts?