UPDATE 9/1/2013: Congrats to the grand prize winner: Becca K of New York and the runner up: Alexis of Georgia! Thanks to all the entrants and don’t forget to take the pledge!
I’m old enough to remember a time when you didn’t have to put on your seatbelt when you got in the car. At first, it seemed like an annoyance, but after a while– and the threat of being ticketed– putting on a seatbelt has become second-nature to most of us. In fact, if I have to drive even a short block (I DO live in L.A., after all!), I can’t image not putting my seatbelt on!
With the rise of texting as a daily part of our lives, texting and driving has become a huge public safety threat.
Did you know?
- Asian Americans are the highest consumers of smartphones and are at high risk due to the dangers of texting and driving.
- Deadly traffic crashes peak for teens during the 100 days between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Drivers who text while driving are 23 times more likely to be in a crash
- Nearly half of all adult commuters and 43% of teens admit to texting while driving.
It’s my hope that, like putting on a seatbelt, putting your phone aside while you’re driving will become second nature to us all. AT&T is doing its part with the #ItCanWait campaign:
What is #ItCanWait?
Texting and driving can be fatal. That’s why we’re asking everyone to join us in a pledging to never text and drive. This initiative focuses on educating people – especially teens – about the dangers of texting and driving. The message is simple, yet vital: When it comes to texting and driving, IT CAN WAIT.
Each pledge made to never text while driving is a symbol of commitment to be part of a movement that helps everyone make safe choices with their wireless devices on the road. So we want to partner with YOU to get the word out about the serious effect texting and driving could have on our children, their friends, their loved ones and their future. Together, we can all have a part in making sure that no more lives are lost. No message is so urgent that it is worth diverting attention from the road and risking lives in the process. #ItCanWait.
What you could win from 8Asians & AT&T:
- One (1) grand prize winner will receive a Blackberry Q10, an #ItCanWait reusable bag and an #ItCanWait t-shirt and magnet
- One (1) runner up will receive an #ItCanWait reusable bag and an #ItCanWait t-shirt and magnet
Hurry, this contest closes Friday, August 30, 2013 at 12:00 noon Pacific Time!
One entry per person, please. Open to U.S. residents only
How do you enter?
1) Take the #ItCanWait pledge!
2) Fill out the form below:
Why do I have to fill out this form? We’re just trying to capture all the info needed to fulfill the prizes faster.
Can I enter more than once? No! Why you being so greedy?!
Prizes courtesy of: 8Asians & AT&T.