8Asians is working with McDonald’s to give away free tickets for you and a guest to watch the highly anticipated documentary Twinsters at the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival on April 25, 2015, AND reconnect over a shared meal at McDonald’s.
In February 2013, Anaïs Bordier, a French fashion student living in London, stumbled upon a YouTube video featuring Samantha Futerman, an actress in Los Angeles, and was struck by their uncanny resemblance. After discovering they were born on the same day in Busan, Korea and both put up for adoption, Anaïs reached out to Samantha via Facebook. In Twinsters, we follow Samantha and Anaïs’ journey into sisterhood, witnessing everything from their first meeting, to their first trip back to Korea where their separation took place.
Twinsters explores the meaning of family and connection through a story that would have been impossible just 10 years ago without the creation of YouTube and Facebook.
Twinsters at LAAPFF 2015
Date/Time: April 25, 2015 @5PM
Location: Aratani Theater, 244 S San Pedro St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Winners will be provided with a “Lovin’ Meal on Us” (via a $15 value Arch Card) to share a meal with a loved one at McDonald’s. If you cannot attend the screening, you can have a still win a “Lovin’ Meal on Us” at McDonald’s.
For more information, check out the Official Rules. This giveaway closes soon, so hurry up!
Ok, ok… you want a chance to win? Read on!
What you could win from 8Asians & McDonald’s:
- Ten (10) Winners will be provided with a pair of tickets (to be held at will call) to the showing of the movie “Twinsters” on Saturday, April 25 at 5:00PM at the Aratani Theater in Los Angeles, CA. In addition, they will be provided with a “Lovin’ Meal on Us” (via a $15 value arch card) to share a meal with a loved one at McDonald’s (est. retail value: $45/Winner).
- Five (5) other winners who are not able to attend the movie event in Los Angeles, CA will be provided with “Lovin’ Meal on Us” cards to share a meal and reconnect with their companion/partner/friend.
Prizes will be mailed via US Postal Service before the end of May 2015.
Hurry, this contest closes Friday, April 24, 2015 at 6:00 pm Pacific Time!
One form entry per person, please. Open to U.S. residents only
How do you enter?
1) Tweet, up to 5 times per individual, using these directions:
- Tweet @McDonalds & @8Asians, and tell us who you’d like to watch #Twinsters with and why.
- Tell us what meal you’d like to share with your friend/loved one/brother/sister/mother/father/etc. at McDonald’s.
- You must use the use the hashtag: #McDReconnect
2) Fill out the form below:
Why do I have to fill out this form? We’re just trying to capture all the info needed to fulfill the prizes faster.
Can I enter more than once? No! Why you being so greedy?!
Prizes courtesy of: 8Asians & McDonald’s.
Rules for entering:
1) Please be in the U.S. only. (Sorry to our Canadian and overseas friends!)
2) Contributors to 8Asians and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
3) Prizes are fulfilled by a third-party; 8Asians is not responsible for any lost or misdirected prizes.
The information below will only be used to contact you if you are selected as a winner. It will not be added to any mailing lists/shared with any third parties and will be discarded after the giveaway is over. Unless otherwise noted, none of the information you enter will be published.