I picked up this story about Shirley Tan and her partner Jay off a couple of blogs and I can think of few things that seriously piss me off more. Though I’m a person of faith, and it’s my “job,” sometimes working within an institution that has generally ambiguous views towards gays and lesbians based on various religious reasons can be hard enough for me to swallow some days, especially over anything that tries to keep families apart when there is enough in this world that succeeds at it. I feel particularly sensitive to this issue since I work with kids who have dealt with divorce/separation. It’s still a different story when there is no good reason for a family to not be together based on something like race and ethnicity (I’m thinking about the immigration issues in AZ and soon so many other states in the US) or the parents’ sexual orientation.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Top 8 Last Minute Halloween Costumes For Asian Americans
- Tiger Mom Vs. Dragon Mom: New Ways to Talk Parenthood
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Video: Asian Woman Has White Fetish
- The 8 Most Offensive Asian Halloween Costumes