I’m continually amused and fascinated how Modern Family continues to sometimes reinforce as well as make fun of Asian American stereotypes. In the latest episode, the comedy show takes on racist Asian stereotype commercials. You know what I am talking about – utilizing the bad Asian foreign accent , dressing up Asian, being an ancient white haired martial arts expert, utilizing a talking panda, or just plain bizarre. In this clip, Cam has, to Mitchell’s objections, had their adoptive Vietnamese daughter Lily cast in a TV commercial – when they both discover to their horrible surprise, what an awful stereotypical and racist commercial it turns out to be.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Panda Express – ‘Wok-Fired Shrimp: Now Back at Panda Express’
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Is The Portrayal of Ravi On Disney Channel’s “Jessie” Racist, Unfunny, or Both?
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?