From 8Asians Reader Lita: “I live in Napa and am all about supporting small, local businesses. But this new eatery in town called Dim Sum Charlie’s is just clueless when it comes to properly representing Asians. As an Asian-American women I was completely offended when I discovered that it’s business slogan is ‘We love you long time’ and one of its dishes is ‘Ten Dolla Make You Hollah.’ When I posted my disgust on Yelp, I was generally told to laugh it off and even received a ignorant e-mail from someone who clearly has never experienced discrimination in his life and has privilege to have Caucasian skin. Yes, covert racism still is commonplace in Napa, despite it being known for its world-class wine.”
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Was Jesus Asian?
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers
- Is Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” Racially Insensitive?