From 8Asians Reader Lita: “I live in Napa and am all about supporting small, local businesses. But this new eatery in town called Dim Sum Charlie’s is just clueless when it comes to properly representing Asians. As an Asian-American women I was completely offended when I discovered that it’s business slogan is ‘We love you long time’ and one of its dishes is ‘Ten Dolla Make You Hollah.’ When I posted my disgust on Yelp, I was generally told to laugh it off and even received a ignorant e-mail from someone who clearly has never experienced discrimination in his life and has privilege to have Caucasian skin. Yes, covert racism still is commonplace in Napa, despite it being known for its world-class wine.”
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Asian American Frozen Foods: Trader Joe’s Korean Style Beef Short Ribs
- Is NBC’s Community Racist?
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?