I just caught this commercial featuring funny man actor Randall Park. I think the last time I saw Park was when he was going on a date with a fellow Asian American in a Wells Fargo commercial – which I thought was a first. I also recently saw Park in the movie, The People I’ve Slept With. This time around, Park is in a commercial for Ally Bank, which appears to have him on a date – with a white woman. Now we’ve all see interracial couples of Asian Americans and other races, but 99.9% of the time it’s with an Asian American woman and white man. What struck me was that this might be the first national television commercial with an Asian American man with a white woman – and on a date. What do you think?
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Do Asian Women Have the Smallest Breasts?