California Governor Jerry Brown signed Assembly Bill 1088, which requires better data collection on Asian Americans by California state agencies that collect demographic data. An issue with studying the Asian American community is that data from various Asian ethnic groups are often aggregated together. This causes problems with determining which ethnic group may have unique needs, from academic to health problems. Data must be disaggregated into the same categories used by the U.S. census. AB 1088 was sponsored by Michael Eng from Monterey Park and co-sponsored by the Asian Pacific American legal Center, Asian Americans for Civil Rights and Equality, and Asian and Pacific Islanders California Action Network.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Do Asian Women Have the Smallest Breasts?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat