Every year, the Asian Pacific Fund hosts an art and essay contest on Growing up Asian in American. 2012’s theme, in honor of the Golden Gate bridge’s 75th anniversary, is bridges. San Francisco Bay Area students from Kindergarten through the 12th grade can submit essays, poems, or artwork concerning this theme and are eligible for $27,000 in prizes. Winning submissions will be displayed at special exhibits hosted at more than 50 public libraries in the Bay Area. The entry form and other information for the 2012 contest is here. Deadline for submissions is March 7, 2012.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?
- Video: Asian Woman Has White Fetish
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size