The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld California’s Proposition 209’s ban on Affirmative Action. Proposition 209 has withstood a number of attempts to overturn it, including California bill SB 185. The plaintiffs in this latest appeal cited a 50% drop in Black, Latino, and Native American enrollment at UC Berkeley and UCLA the year after the law was passed by California voters in 1996. A previous attempt to overturn the law was rejected by the same court in 1997. Data suggests that Asian Americans were major beneficiaries of the law, although certain Asian American subgroups like Filipinos suffered greatly after its passage.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Do Asian Women Have the Smallest Breasts?
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail