8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- In a Post-Apocalyptic Zombie World, Asian American Man Gets White Girl
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers
- Was Jesus Asian?
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
Tag Archives: Proposition 209
California Asian Americans divided on Proposition 16, which would reestablish Affirmative Action in California
On November 3, 2020, one of the ballot measures that Californians will vote on is Proposition 16, which would reestablish the use of race in public education, employment, and contracts. The use of race in these areas was prohibited in … Continue reading
California’s SCA5 looks to Bring Back Race Preferences in Public Education
When my brother in-law told me how his fellow Asian realtors were upset about a proposed law to limit Asian enrollment in California colleges, I was initially skeptical. A law to put a cap on Asian students? But after looking … Continue reading
Posted in Discrimination, Education Tagged Affirmative Action, college admissions, Proposition 209, SCA5, University of California 9 Comments
Appeals Court Upholds California’s Ban On Affirmative Action
The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld California’s Proposition 209’s ban on Affirmative Action. Proposition 209 has withstood a number of attempts to overturn it, including California bill SB 185. The plaintiffs in this latest appeal cited a 50% drop … Continue reading
Posted in (simple), Discrimination, Education Tagged 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, Affirmative Action, Proposition 209 Leave a comment