8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Tiger Mom Vs. Dragon Mom: New Ways to Talk Parenthood
- Chinese American WWII Veterans to be Honored with the Congressional Gold Medal
Tag Archives: University of California
When my brother in-law told me how his fellow Asian realtors were upset about a proposed law to limit Asian enrollment in California colleges, I was initially skeptical. A law to put a cap on Asian students? But after looking … Continue reading
Any discussion about caps on Asian American college enrollment needs to be accompanied by definition what criteria should be used for admissions. University of Miami sociology professor Frank L. Samson found that white Californians that he surveyed strongly supported … Continue reading
“Dad, I have to sign up for the SAT II tests!” The Daughter was annoyed that she still had to take the SAT subjects tests (formerly known as the SAT II tests), as the University of California’s elimination of the … Continue reading
KQED Radio recently had a forum on whether Universities discriminate against Asian-Americans. The forum had people on different sides of the debate, including: Angela Suh Um, founder and chief consultant with the Boston Academic Consulting Group and former employee in … Continue reading