While Memorial Day in the US usually brings up thoughts of summer and barbecue, dead Asian American and Pacific Islander veterans usually don’t come to mind. This StoryCorp animation of a father’s remembrance of his dead son reminded me of what the holiday is supposed to commemorate. Allen Hoe, a Vietnam War veteran himself, tells the story of his trip to Washington to honor his son’s memory and the surprise encounter he made while there.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asians Behaving Badly: Edward Younghoon Shin Alledgedly Murders Business Partner & Blogs About It
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Asian American Frozen Foods: Costco: Teriyaki Stir-fry Udon
- Ask an Asian: What should I bring and do at a Chinese New Year Dinner?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?