8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- In a Post-Apocalyptic Zombie World, Asian American Man Gets White Girl
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?
- Was Jesus Asian?
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
Tag Archives: Iraq war
On Memorial Day: The Last Viewing
While Memorial Day in the US usually brings up thoughts of summer and barbecue, dead Asian American and Pacific Islander veterans usually don’t come to mind. This StoryCorp animation of a father’s remembrance of his dead son reminded me of … Continue reading
Posted in Family, History Tagged Allen Hoe, Iraq war, Memorial Day, Nainoa Hoe, StoryCorps, US Memorial Day, Vietnam War Leave a comment
American Muslims: The Forgotten Victims of 9/11
As most of you may know, this year’s 9/11 marks the 10th anniversary of the tragic attacks on the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon that has resulted in the deaths of 2,973 Americans and forever changed the United States … Continue reading
Posted in Current Events, Discrimination Tagged 9/11, american muslims, asian american literary review, george w. bush, hate crimes, hatred, Iraq, Iraq war, muslims, world trade center 6 Comments
Technicality Forcing Iraq War Widow from Okinawa and her Child out of the US
When Sgt. Michael Ferschke died in Iraq, the U.S. Marines recognized that Hotaru Ferschke was his wife. But because she was married to him by proxy when he was in Iraq and since he died before they could meet again, … Continue reading
Posted in (simple), Current Events, WTF Tagged Hotaru Ferschke, Iraq war, marriage standards, Michael Ferschke, widow Leave a comment