Last year, during the depths of the financial crises, groups of investors from China toured the US looking at real estate opportunities.Â While many in the US real estate industry hoped that this would bring a wave of Chinese buying, this article from the New York Times says that Chinese are being Looky Lous – checking out properties but not buying.Â I supposed this is dependent on location. Â My realtor brother-in-law, who lives with my family in Silicon Valley, said last year that Chinese and other Asian investors are driving sales in our local real estate market. I asked him about this article, and he informs me that the situation is pretty much the same as last year.Â The article also says that some Chinese buying is driven by parents whose children are studying in the US.Â This is not surprising as more and more Chinese students are going to college in the US.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Top 8 Last Minute Halloween Costumes For Asian Americans
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- The 8 Most Offensive Asian Halloween Costumes
- Tiger Mom Vs. Dragon Mom: New Ways to Talk Parenthood
- Why Are Asians Yellow?